Renting a storage unit typically takes less than 10 minutes. Each storage facility has its own management procedures in place. Typically you will be asked for several of the following pieces of information when renting a unit:
1) Your driver’s license. This is to verify your identity.
Example: We rent a storage unit to Steve Smith. Steve did not give us his real name. His name is actually Chester Buttersworth. Ok…if my name was Chester Buttersworth I might want to go by Steve Smith…but I digress. Without a storage rental agreement with your real name on it the agreement isn’t valid. This is why you are asked to verify your identity.
2) Your social security number. Yikes!!!! We do not ask for social security numbers at Stor It Storage and never will. Some storage facilities do require this information. With identity theft on the rise you will want to carefully consider if you are willing to share this information when renting a unit.
3) Your contact information:
- Phone Number
- E-mail. We use this to contact your in regards to your account:
- Billing reminders
- Storage receipts
- Account statements
- To notify you of any pertinent site information such as unit maintenance
4) An alternate contact in case we cannot reach you.
5) How do you want to pay for your storage unit? Stor It Storage has online account access and accepts the following forms of payment:
- Electronic bank transfer
- Credit Card (all major credit cards are accepted)
- Debit Card
- Personal Check
- Money Order